Joy is a byproduct of being satisfied. My desire is that our church family would tap into their God given abilities and resources and do something that brings them real joy. As a result of that I believe you will feel satisfied and full of purpose. I promise it will change the way you work, the way you parent, the way you love, and the way you live.
Take a journey with me and our staff in discovering what it means in Matthew 5:14-15 to be the light of the world. To make an influence in this world as a result of being who God created you to be. Ask questions, interact, let's learn together.
love you all
Jeff

6 comments:
Hi Jeff,
I think that this will be a wonderful place to share our Faith.
I am having a little difficult time with this blog stuff, It is new to me. I will shar more later. I did begin a blog accout I guess you call it.
under Faith Walk.
Have a great Day!
Screen name Joy
Satisfaction...what does it truly mean? If we are "satisfied" does that mean we can become complacent because we have accepted what we currently have?
...or does it mean we are filled with the Spirit of the Lord and therefore have need of nothing more?
...or possibly another meaning altogether?
Can we be truly satisfied given our cultural bias towards always desiring that which we perceive as "necessary" for satisfaction, not necessarily what we need. (i.e. having the latest and greatest thingamabob or dohickey, or job, etc.)
How do we deal with these issues?
I know this will be a great disscussion. I look forward to the postings.
Good Morning,
I am a member of Cornerstorn church. God has been with me all of my life. My mom had mental illness since I was born. My dad was a picture of Christ.
I got marrired when I was 19 to my high school sweetheat. He became an aloholic. It was through that experiance that I made Jesus Christ my Lord. We I received Jesus
my husband didn't stop drinking right away, but how I reacted changed me. He stopped dirnking about eight years later. That was about 25 years ago. We have now been married 42 years. He has also received Christ and attends church with me.
I am blessed every day. But some wonderful experiances just stand out more then others.
If anyone is going through a hard time with a loved one. I just want to say, there is not one on earth that can help. You can talk about the problem all you want, but Only God can change a person. Get Quiet, Tell God everything, read the word, I started in the Psalms, I began wiht the Psalm of the day of the mounth, If its the 4th read the 4th Psalm. If you know any bible scripture say them alot, over and over. These are the things that helped me.
May God Bless You
Barb
Hey Bob,
I think you make a very good point. satisfaction is such a superficial ideal, it means a tons of different things to a lot of different people. The Bible has a tendency to say things we don't expect because often it speaks in the supernatural and we reside in the superficial.
For instance, James 1:2-4 talks about the idea that how we deal with pain, and struggle will show the kind of joy we will have as a result of faith and endurance. Well, that is different then what our world describes as joy. If you have all the money, fame, and glory we will be happy and SATISFIED.....wrong. It's only through the struggle of working out, training, dieting, and endurance through the race that a runner gets to experience the joy and satisfaction of the finish line. It is not because he got a new pair of shoes, a cool outfit, and lot of gator aid. The race meant something to him or her because of the sacrifice.
Complacency will never equal the supernatural joy that Christ gives. I'm a "stuff" kinda guy. I like getting anything in the mail, it makes me have a glimpse of earthly joy, but in the end I still end up wanting more. The joy and satisfaction that Christ give through the Holy Spirit is like the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4:1-15. You feel full, you may not have a lot of what our world says you need, and yet your full. As a result of feeling full, you have joy. As a result of having a fulfilling joy, you are truly satisfied.
In Acts 5:41 we see something else very puzzling. We see these believers in Christ getting beat because they are proclaiming the message of Jesus, and they rejoice in it. What....? That doesn't fit into our context today and I believe it's because we have believers that think that when things are going good that means God is happy with them. When they are successful, and stress free then God is pleased with them. Then something tragic happens and their faith falls apart. What does that say about the Faith we have in our God?
I believe the only way to survive in this world as it relates to joy and being satisfied, is to see a Biblical view of what these two things are. When we look at Biblical examples of men and women stepping out in faith, we see joy, and fulfillment. Because at the end of the day they can say it was Christ in me, and Christ for me.
I have rambled of for paragraphs and i could do hours more of writing on this subject, but i hope that i answered your questions, if not hit me back and tell me.
Thanks for the question,
Jeff
hi jeff
my name is lindsay im 17 years old. i atteneded church for the first time tonight.(that i can remember, my parents had me baptized when i was little) i absolutely fell in love tonight with everything you spoke. so much power and belief. lately ive felt like something was missing in my life so my friend brought me tonight and i believe that that missing piece is God. im willing to make that move, take that step, and come out of my box. i hope that you and others at cornerstone can show me all that God has to offer me.
thank you!!!
Hi Jeff,
I'm new to Cornerstone but not a new Christian. I was raised Catholic and for the past couple of years have been attending Christian church services. This evening's 5:00pm service was the third time I have been to Cornerstone and I have truly enjoyed attending every time. Cornerstone is the most modern Christian church that I have been to and this is different for me. It's both refreshing and at times awkward as I have been raised in the rigidness of Catholicism.
I admit that your message this evening did not connect with me at first...it took a while. In fact, I contemplated leaving the service but the Spirit told me to stay put...and I'm very glad I did. You got to me when you climbed inside the box and talked from inside. We connected at that point and I was laughing and so the Spirit was right as always.
Jeff, your message really hit home with me and I suspect many others. This is a topic that I contemplate often: life, work, and using our skills/creativity for the Lord. When you said, "Move....take risks...and I promise you, you will see God" and "Our greatest achievements for God occur on the other side of taking risks"....WOW...both of those statements blew me away. Thanks for the goosebumps!
Thank you for encouraging everyone tonight to move and to take risks to become the person that God has intended us to be. I know that I possess creativity and have always had entrepreneurial aspirations. My chief concern in not pursuing starting my own business is that I would be doing it for the wrong reasons...financial wealth. My goal is not to be rich, rather to use my creativity to glorify God in some way. I pray about this often. I pray that God guide me as to if and when I should embark on starting a business and if it would in fact glorify Him. One thing that I am learning at age 43 is that not my will be done but His will on earth as it is in heaven. Thank you for your words of encouragement tonight.
Scott
Post a Comment