I don't cry. This last Sunday I was a wreck, a crying fool. I have been attempting to figure out why I was brought to tears. What was so profound? What made this harden heart well up with emotional? It was transformation. I use to be this way, and then I encountered a righteous God and was changed. I love this because i struggle with it. Maybe my heart is reacting with the reality that I desire this in my own life. Maybe it's because I have gotten stuck in my walk with the Lord and it's a reminder that His Holy Spirit is restless in His pursuit of mankind.
As a Pastor I get to interact with people on a weekly basis that have been transformed by the grace and love God has extended to us. I love hearing their stories, but apart of me is jealous. They possess such a zeal, everything is new truth for them, which causes an obvious reaction in the way they respond to things. Every sermon they hear is convicting, every passage they read reveals some type of life changing truth. And here I sit, 25 years deep in my walk with the Lord wondering, "shouldn't I be the one all wound up, shouldn't I be the one that is captivated by the Word of God?" I have seen God work for years, He continues to reveal His glory to me, and yet....Do you relate?
What is it that pushes a believer with years of relationship to continue to be excited about who God is, and what he is doing? How do you break out of the routine? If God Word is "living and active," how do i reconnect with it?
Let me know what you think, let process through this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hear you man. I'm working through that myself. God's word has been peircing very deep as of late. He has also been using a book called Only A Prayer Meeting by Spurgeon to convict and challenge me. In the book he talks about how Moses was in a sense complaining to God about His expectations and Moses asks God who will be his helpers. God replies "my presence shall go with thee and I will give thee rest. What more could Moses want then God's presense and rest. What more should we want. God didn't tell him that Joshua and others would be there to help He told him that His presense should be the focus. How do we live out the presense of God amoung us each day? Man, I'm really struggling with that. I want to be radical and yet obedient. I want to leap in faith yet sit in wonder and listening. I want to run after what God has yet not miss Him because I'm running after what I want. Nat
So whats the hold up on your next post???
I think you're a lot like me, we don't like routines. Routine and rut are the same word for me. I think the challenge is to never become ok with where your walk is at. Easier said than done, I know. But looking for ways to push your faith as well as asking others for help in pushing you is great, keeps your flame stoked.
Post a Comment