Tuesday, August 26, 2008
It's all for YOU
I’ve spent a good part of my life trying to prove to God how awesome I was….sounds like a good plan, right? I would walk around and proclaim to God to bless my life as a result of all the “good” I was doing. This is how the conversation would go: “God, I am a youth pastor, I have dedicated my life to serving your kingdom, as a result of that would you take care of me…would you bless me.” It looked really good on paper, I do something for God therefore he should do something for me. I recently got a theological smack upside the head from Ephesians 2:8-10. We deserve death, Romans 6:23, and yet God in all His mercy allows us to live another day, but we try to barter with Him to make it better or more comfortable. I believe what the right response should be is “God, as a result of all you have given to me and how you continue to bless my life…..how can I serve you?” So, in this season of business know that God has given you so much, every day you exist is as a result of His grace, mercy, and love. Therefore we should live our lives not looking for what we can get from God but what we can give.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Tell the truth Grasshopper!
Now, I read your blog - you read mine!
www.acchurch.org/blog
love you bro,
Dave
Amen to that. I came to that realization a while back myself. We are all SOOOOOO blessed and yet each of us, selfishly, wants more. On some level we think we deserve it because, just like you said, we start comparing our lives with those of other people. But we should be comparing ourselves to Christ. When we do that we see just how short we fall and how we don't deserve squat.
Post a Comment